FOUNDATION FUNDING PRIORITIES
The Foundation will accept unsolicited applications each year up until June 1st from qualified nonprofit organizations that are aligned to its mission. To be considered, please review the Grant Criteria and register online to take the Eligibility Quiz.
- Applicant must be a public charity, organized under IRC sec. 501(c) (3), and qualified under IRC sec. 170(b) (1) (a).
- Applicant organization is aligned with the mission of the Foundation and serves Orange County or the Coachella Valley.
- Grants funds may be used for program expenses; operating expenses or capital expenses.
- Grant funds may not be used for organizational start-up expenses, although the Foundation will consider supporting start-up programs within an existing organization. Generally, grants will not be made to endowments.
- Grants shall generally be awarded for a single year.
GRANT APPLICATION PROCEDURES
To be invited to submit a grant application, please submit an online Letter of Inquiry (LOI) by June 1st. You will be directed to a brief eligibility quiz prior to filling out the LOI.
If the Letter of Inquiry is approved, the applicant will be invited to submit a full Grant Application online. The complete application must be submitted within the time authorized (generally due in September). Incomplete applications will not be considered. The Foundation anticipates approving grant requests once per year in November. Notifications will be sent in December.
Annual progress reports are generally due in August-September. To submit a grant report, log in to your account here and click on requirements.